Position: Communications Specialist
Official Work Station: Quezon City
Deadline of Application: October 31, 2023
About the Project
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded the Investing in Sustainability and Partnerships for Inclusive Growth and Regenerative Ecosystems “INSPIRE” Project to the Gerry Roxas Foundation on September 14, 2021. INSPIRE is a five-year project that aims to contribute to NRSG’s goal of advancing natural resource resilience, security, and governance through the increased participation and critical engagement of CSOs, media, indigenous peoples (IPs), local communities, and the private sector.
About the Post
As part of the GRF INSPIRE Team, the Communications Specialist will provide technical expertise to the INSPIRE Team in developing and implementing communication strategies, plans, and activities that will engage civil society organizations, government units and agencies, media, private sector, and other relevant stakeholders. He/she will be responsible for all general and targeted communications in support of INSPIRE objectives.
The Communications Specialist shall develop content and creative communication strategies that will stimulate meaningful participation, maximize project impact, increase visibility, and encourage support for the project.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specifically, the Communications Specialist performs the following functions:
- Implement strategic communication activities and campaigns to provide information, raise awareness on, and encourage participation and support of various stakeholders to ENR conservation and governance;
- Develop a media plan supportive of INSPIRE’s communications plan; foster relations and sustain communications and information sharing with relevant media organizations;
- Identify opportunities for engaging local media and social media influencers in the bioregions where projects are being implemented, and organize events to develop and enhance media interest in conservation, resource management, and climate change, particularly on locally-led actions;
- Coordinate with the concerned INSPIRE teams, consortium partners, and grantees in the development and/or review of various knowledge products, communication materials, videos, stories of interest, and content for USAID and GRF social media accounts;
- Organize support in the holding of project events, such as the drafting of scene setters and programs; preparation of presentation/information materials, speeches, press releases, and social media posts; photo documentation; design of activity/display/outreach materials; and others;
- Ensure compliance with USAID branding and marking guidelines for all materials to be publicly released;
- Copyedit success stories submitted by INSPIRE teams/consortium partners/grantees, quarterly and annual progress reports, annual implementation plans, and other reports to USAID;
- Collaborate with consortium partners in providing guidance to grantees in developing their communication plans, activities, and materials;
- Supervise the activities of the Communications Officer; and
- Perform other tasks as required by the Chief of Party.
- Degree in Communications, Journalism, Broadcasting, or related field of study;
- Minimum five years experience in writing, copy-editing, and writing feature articles on development topics and issues in the Philippines;
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of environmental issues in the Philippines;
- Excellent communication and writing skills and well-developed interpersonal skills;
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest communication strategies and techniques across multiple platforms (online and offline);
- High level of attention to detail;
- Creativity and passion for innovation;
- Ability to work and produce quality outputs under minimal supervision;
- Ability to manage and prioritize an unpredictable workload and solve problems quickly;
- Politically and culturally sensitive, with qualities of patience, tact, and diplomacy;
- Willing to travel to any part of the country as needed for the project.
Interested applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter highlighting relevant experiences. Include a list of three references with contact information. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted by GRF.
Send applications via email to: [email protected].
The deadline for applications is at 5:00 PM, October 31, 2023.
Email subject format: [Position applied for]_[Lastname, Firstname]