Position: Communications Specialist
Area of Assignment: Quezon City
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded the Investing in Sustainability and Partnerships for Inclusive Growth and Regenerative Ecosystems “INSPIRE” Project to the Gerry Roxas Foundation on September 14, 2021. INSPIRE is a five-year project that aims to advance natural resource resilience, security, and governance through the increased participation and critical engagement of CSOs, media, indigenous peoples (IPs), local communities, and the private sector.
As part of the GRF INSPIRE Team, the Communications Specialist will provide technical expertise in developing and implementing communication strategies, plans, and activities that will engage civil society organizations, government units and agencies, media, private sector, and other relevant stakeholders, including indigenous communities. He/she will be responsible for all general and targeted communications in support of all INSPIRE activities.
The Communications Specialist shall develop content and creative communication strategies that will stimulate meaningful participation, maximize project impact, increase visibility, and encourage support for the project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, implement and use related communication strategies, tools, and activities that can contribute to the achievement of the project’s objectives and sustainability of its results.
- Ensure compliance with all branding and marking plan guidance for all materials to be publicly released.
- Implement awareness raising, information provision, and strategic communication campaigns on various media platforms.
- Coordinate the development of various knowledge products and communication materials with the team and other consortium members, specifically the Communication Foundation for Asia (CFA).
- Identify media opportunities, foster media relations and develop appropriate media releases and organize media events, develop the media database for the national and field levels.
- Conduct relevant research, assemble and analyze data as support to project presentations, set up feedback and success metrics, monitor coverage, and improve for higher impact.
- Proofread and copyedit success stories submitted by grantees and develop guidance and assistance packages for grantees in effectively communicating project accomplishments.
- Prepare project updates and create rich and compelling content for the INSPIRE microsite and/or social media account.
- Copyedit quarterly and annual plans and progress reports.
- Draft periodic releases such as a weekly wrap-up, project press releases, milestone reports, brochures, media plans, and other publication materials and correspondence.
- Perform other tasks as required by the Chief of Party.
- Degree in Communications, Journalism, Broadcasting, or related field of study;
- Minimum five years experience in writing, copy-editing, and writing feature articles on development topics and issues in the Philippines;
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of environmental issues in the Philippines;
- Excellent communication and writing skills and well-developed interpersonal skills;
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest communication strategies and techniques across multiple platforms (online and offline);
- High level of attention to detail;
- Creativity and passion for innovation;
- Ability to work and produce quality outputs under minimal supervision;
- Ability to manage and prioritize an unpredictable workload and solve problems quickly;
- Politically and culturally sensitive, with qualities of patience, tact, and diplomacy; and
- Willing to travel to any part of the country as needed for the project.
Interested applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter highlighting relevant experiences. Include a list of three references with contact information. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted by GRF.
Send applications via email to: [email protected]
Deadline of applications is at 5:00 PM, September 5, 2022.
Email subject format: [Position applied for]_[Lastname, Firstname]