Position: Grants Officer
Area of Assignment: Quezon City
Deadline for Applications: Feb. 15, 2023
About the Project
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded the Investing in Sustainability and Partnerships for Inclusive Growth and Regenerative Ecosystems “INSPIRE” Project to the Gerry Roxas Foundation on September 14, 2021. INSPIRE is a five-year project that aims to contribute to NRSG’s goal of advancing natural resource resilience, security, and governance through the increased participation and critical engagement of CSOs, media, indigenous peoples (IPs), local communities, and the private sector.
About the Post
The Grants Officer will assist the Grants Specialist in managing and coordinating the grant-making process for the Investing in Sustainability, Partnerships, Inclusive Growth, and Regenerative Ecosystem (INSPIRE) Project. These tasks involve supporting the team in drafting and issuing grant solicitation papers, processing, awarding, grants monitoring, and closeout.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specifically, the Grants Officer shall perform the following functions:
- Provides technical assistance and support to the Grants Specialist in the following:
- Preparing grant processing records or tracking from responses to solicitation, memorandum of negotiations, and signed agreement, in line with the Grants Manual
- Final packaging of approved cost applications
- Collaborating with the Financial Monitoring Officers in providing financial guidance and support to grantees and in consolidating grant-related developments in their respective areas of assignment
- Administration of grant expenditures in accordance with USAID guidelines
- Organizing and managing the activities related to grantee monitoring and implementation of capacity-building activities for grantees
- Processing grantee requests such as grant modifications, budget realignments, and procurement requests
- Production of regular monitoring reports, periodic reports, and other special reports, as appropriate
- Tracking submission of monitoring reports, including grantee measures to address issues raised during grants monitoring
- Monitoring grantee submission of all project quarterly, monthly, and ad hoc reports
- Consolidation and reconciliation of the movement of grant funds
- Assist in the preparation of all supporting information for audits and guarantee the reliability and integrity of supporting documentation and reports
- Provides support to the INSPIRE team in organizing activities related to the issuance of Grants Solicitations documents including the organizing of pre-bid conferences.
- Participates in deliberations of grant applications and prepares materials for the Grants Management Team.
- Participates in grant management orientations, coaching, and mentoring sessions for INSPIRE grantees.
- Coordinates with Financial Monitoring Officers for the submission of progress reports in accordance with the grant agreement and the approved work and financial plan.
- Understands the terms of the USAID grant, specifically the expected results of the project, and ensure compliance with the requirements.
- Performs other tasks as may be required.
- With Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as Accountancy, Business Management, Economics, or any related field;
- Minimum of three (3) years as Grants or Finance staff with experience in budget review and cost analysis of development projects;
- Proven record in the timely submission of high-quality outputs;
- Must have strong organizational skills and the ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Must have a well-developed keyboard and computer skills with advanced working knowledge of MS Office, internet, and email applications;
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively with teams and ability to work well under pressure;
- Excellent people skills at all levels, cultural sensitivity, negotiate diplomatically, and the ability to work well in a multicultural and multi-disciplinary work environment;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Filipino and in English; and
- Ability to prepare presentations and reports.
Interested applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter highlighting relevant experiences. Include a list of three references with contact information. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted by GRF.
Send applications via email to: [email protected].
Deadline for applications is at 5:00PM, February 15, 2023.
Email subject format: [Position applied for]_[Lastname, Firstname]