Position: Driver/General Services Assistant
Official Work Station: Quezon City
Deadline of Application: March 8, 2024
About the Project
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded the Investing in Sustainability and Partnerships for Inclusive Growth and Regenerative Ecosystems “INSPIRE” Project to the Gerry Roxas Foundation on September 14, 2021. INSPIRE is a five-year project that aims to contribute to NRSG’s goal of advancing natural resource resilience, security, and governance through the increased participation and critical engagement of CSOs, media, Indigenous Peoples (IPs), local communities, and the private sector.
About the Post
The Driver/General Services Assistant (GSA) shall provide driving and general services/administrative and utility support services to the INSPIRE Project. The Driver/GSA will be directly reporting to the Program Assistant.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specifically, the Driver/GSA shall perform the following functions:
- Transport the project staff and guests safely to and from their destinations;
- Responsible for vehicle maintenance and processing of the project vehicle’s annual registration;
- Plan routes and requirements by studying schedules or ad-hoc requests;
- Maintain a daily record of driving services including odometer readings and fuel consumption;
- Pickup and deliver mail and other materials, bank, and other errands as required by the INSPIRE
- Assist the project staff in the procurement and delivery of supplies and goods necessary for the project operations;
- Assist the Program Assistant in providing admin and logistics support during staff travel, workshops, conferences, and other project activities;
- Assist the Program Assistant in the annual physical inventory of assets;
- When in the office and not performing driving functions, assist in photocopying, scanning, binding, or shredding of documents, encoding, and other simple clerical tasks;
- Coordinate with the Program Assistant on driving services and other miscellaneous tasks; and
- Performs other related tasks as required by the Program Assistant and Admin Manager.
- Must have a professional driver’s license;
- Has a vocational diploma, or has studied at least two years in college;
- Minimum of three years relevant work as driver and messenger;
- Must have basic vehicle troubleshooting skills;
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel a plus, but not required; and,
- Must be flexible and has the ability to work well under pressure.
Interested applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter highlighting relevant experiences. Include a list of three references with mobile phone number and email address. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted by GRF.
Send applications via email to: [email protected].
The deadline for applications is at 5:00 PM, March 8, 2024.
Email subject format: [Position applied for]_[Lastname, Firstname]